Training, qualifications & experience
I have been working as clinician since 2008. After years of experience in the
NHS, first at the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust, then at the South
London and the Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, I am now a psychotherapist in full-
time private practice.
I completed my psychotherapy training at the Tavistock & Portman NHS Foundation
Trust, and was awarded a Masters in the Foundations of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
by the University of Essex.
I am registered with the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP), and a member of the
College of Psychoanalysts-UK.
I am interested in particular in the question of identity, art and personal
expression. Also, I have a particular interest in Lacanian analysis.
- Carrington, A (2016). Money Matters: Lacanian clarifications on the functions of
money in the psychic economy. JCFAR 27, pp.90-110
- Carrington, A. (ed.) (2014). Money as emotional currency, London: Karnac.
- Rock, B. & Carrington, A. (2012). Complexity in primary care, in A. Lemma (Ed.),
2012, Contemporary Developments in Adult and Young Adult Therapy: The Work of The
Tavistock and Portman Clinics, Vol. 1, (pp. 111-133), London: Karnac.
- Carrington, A., Rock., B & Stern, J. (2012). Psychoanalytic thinking in primary
care: The Tavistock Psychotherapy Consultation model, Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy,
Vol.26, No.2, 102-120.
- Carrington, A. (2011). From economic theory to economic policy and from there to
reality: A psychoanalytic excursion, European Journal of Psychotherapy and
Counselling, June 2011, Vol. 13, No. 2, 129–140
- Rock, B. & Carrington, A. (2011). Addressing complexity in primary care,
Healthcare Counselling and Psychotherapy Journal, January 2011, p.35.
Registration and membership